Sunday is our official day of trying out new cooking dishes. The video of creamy Tom yum Pasta keeps appearing on my Twitter & TikTok timeline. “Its a sign” I guess. Hence, I tried making this tasty and creamy tom yum pasta last Sunday. Alhamdulillah it tastes super super delicioussss and only took around 30 mins to make this.
Creamy Tom Yum Pasta Ingredients
- Pasta of your choice : Spaghetti/ Fettuccine / Angel Hair
- Seafood : Prawn / Squid / Clams
- Protein : Chicken breast / beef strips / bacon
- Butter / Unsalted Butter
- Cili Padi
- Mushroom – Button, Enoki
- Thai Tom Yum Paste
- Thai Chili Paste
- Mixed Herbs / Oregano
- Kaffir Lime leaves
- Milk/Cooking cream/Santan
- Key Lime/Kaffir Lime/Lemon juice
- Cheese (Optional)
- Cook the pasta of your choice till al–dente in a large pot of boiling salted water. I love Spaghetti pasta the most so I wont be using other types of pasta usually. You can half cooked the pasta as well, cause it will be combine together with the tom yum later on.
- Heat butter/oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Then, throw in minced garlic and onion. Let it cook for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Put in the finely chopped chillies as well. All depends on your spiciness level (I love spicy so ill put extra during cooking and one during plating)
- Then, put in the mushroom of your choice. Preferably the button mushroom. Saute it until it turns bit brownish. Add some mixed herbs to enhance the flavour and fragrant.
- Next, pour in about 1 cup or 1 1/2 half cup of milk followed by 2 spoon of tom yum paste and 1 spoon of Maepranom (Thai Chili Paste). Whisk and stir gradually. (Some people might wanna use santan or cooking cream, you can try and please let me know in the comment box below how it turns out)
- Next, put in the lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Leaves.
- Add in the Spaghetti and toss continuously to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, turn off the heat and garnish with chopped corriander and squeeze a bit of lime juice.
- Then, you are ready to dig in your delicious creamy Tom Yum Pasta!
Anyway, I didn’t put cheese in my Tom Yum Pasta cause I find it a lil bit weird to be put in together with sour dishes. However, I read some of the recipes with grated cheese in it and it looks super creamy and thick. Even so, you guys can try putting the cheese in if you want to.
We called this dish as one of our “Detox” dish as the very next day we both were constantly going in and out from the toilet. HHAAHAH. Probably because we both are lactose intolerant but loveeeee taking dairy products a lot. #Sorrynotsorry
Lastly, Share with me if you guys would love to try out this recipe in comment box below! Thanks for reading 🙂